View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 04:24 PM
ChesterNimitz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umad View Post
Leafs fans are overrating Reimer.

You really think he's better than seasoned veterans in Luongo and Ward? Better than one of the youngest top 10 starters in Carey Price? Then he still needs to compete with Crawford, Holtby, and Smith whom have all won multiple playoff series'. The closest he would get near the Sochi team would be a questionable whisper.
Reimer is the clumsiest goalie to make a playoff splash since Steve Penny. Both were horribly overrated and both have, and had, a complete inability to catch a puck. I see midget AAA goalies who have a better glove hands than Reimer. This fatal flaw was fully exposed in game 7 against the Bruins. If Reimer had only an average NHL level catching ability, the Leafs would be playing the Rangers now. I truly believe that as a result of his obvious limitations, within two years, Reimer will be relegated to a fringe NHL goaltender.

While I have little confidence in Hockey Canada's ability to assess what is needed to win on the big ice at Sochi, even they aren't dumb enough to consider Reimer for Team Canada. As one poster ruefully noted, if Reimer is one of Canada's goalies, we are truly doomed.

ChesterNimitz is offline   Reply With Quote