View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 04:03 PM
PensFan6687

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutks View Post
Not to be a homer myself, but I have to agree with this, kinda. Especially about game 6. The Pens were down by a goal with less than 6 mins to go in the game. Did you see the shot that went in to tie it?
The Pens were out shot, out hit, had more giveaways, had less take aways, won less face offs, and had less PP in that game. Also, were out shot in the 3rd and in OT. Game 6 is not a good example to use. I think that was the only game that in the series that the Isles out played the Pens AND the Pens offensive skill didnt get them the win.
In the end, the Pens won it in six. That's what matters. Who wins in the end of the day becomes the fact... Unless you're Tampa Bay winning the Cup in 2004. C'mon that Gelinas goal in Game 6 had the series done and done. Sadly officiating created the outcome like that, in which case happens a lot, but the officiating in games is, well, unfortunately part of the game... good or bad. lol

btw I like the Isles and have respect for that team and its fanbase (I was a Pens fan for those crummy years as well), but I am getting a little annoyed that people think it should have been their series. Pens are here, the Isles are not. Move on people. btw Not saying you are one of those people, but they do exist...and there is quite a number of them. haha