STARTING GOALTENDERS

Corey Crawford

5-1 - .950 SV% - 1.27 GAA

Jimmy Howard

4-4 - .913 SV% - 2.77 GAA

PREVIOUS MATCHUPS

GAME 1 REVIEW
Quote:
CHICAGO -- For one period, the Chicago Blackhawks looked like a team that hadn't played in nearly a week.

For the next two Wednesday night at United Center, they looked the club that blitzed teams en route to the top seed in the Western Conference and a place among the favorites to claim the Stanley Cup.

Jimmy Howard withstood wave after wave of pressure from the Blackhawks, but eventually even a great performance from the Detroit Red Wings' goaltender wasn't enough.

Johnny Oduya and Marcus Kruger scored a little more than three minutes apart midway through the third period and the Blackhawks defeated the Red Wings 4-1 in Game 1 of this Western Conference Semifinals series.

"I thought it was our best game of the playoffs, no question," Blackhawks forward Patrick Sharp, who finished with a goal and two assists, said. "[Coach] Joel [Quenneville] can probably answer that better than I can. Personally, it was a tough start. Those first couple shifts the building was hot and the legs were a little stiff, but it was probably because we were for a week. I thought we played better as the game went on, and didn't have too many breakdowns out there."

Howard faced a flurry of shots after the Blackhawks looked a little rusty in the first period from the layoff after wrapping up their first-round series last Thursday. After just six shots on net in the first period, the Blackhawks peppered Howard with 27 in the next 28 minutes and eventually broke through.
Read more: http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...m-series-recap

YOU TELL 'EM, ARI!