View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 05:08 PM
17Kurri

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
As a coach you play the guys who give you the best chance to win right now. If Seguin is cold and Lucic is hot, who do you play? When the shoe is on the other foot and Seguin is hot and Lucic is cold, Julien plays Seguin. It's not as if Julien sat Lucic "cuz the games were meaningless", he sat him because he was playing like ****. Furthermore, sitting out a game is FAR worse than just getting demoted.

Now watch this:

Jonathan Teows 0 goals, 3 points and even "in the most important games of the year.
Patrick Kane 0 goals "in the most important games of the year."

I know Kane has 6 assists but you can see my point here.

I absolutely would trade 7th overall straight up for Skinner or Seguin and laugh about it all summer. Go peddle that trade on the Carolina board or the Boston board or even the main board and see how many people think we're coming out on the loser's end. However, that's just simply not a trade that's realistically going to happen, we both know this.
I knew it. Oilers fans are always trying to do what's right for other teams, based on what the fans of these other teams are saying. Who cares what they're saying? They're the same fans who wouldn't give up a 7th overall for Hall, for example. You should remember that when copying and pasting their proposals.

As middle of the road as our management has managed our team's assets in the past, I shudder to think what we'd have if we were left to the devices of the collective fan base. Probably on the brink of folding...