View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 05:23 PM
The Big Unit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Kurri View Post
I knew it. Oilers fans are always trying to do what's right for other teams, based on what the fans of these other teams are saying. Who cares what they're saying? They're the same fans who wouldn't give up a 7th overall for Hall, for example. You should remember that when copying and pasting their proposals.

As middle of the road as our management has managed our team's assets in the past, I shudder to think what we'd have if we were left to the devices of the collective fan base. Probably on the brink of folding...
Umm....no. When you negotiate a trade with another GM, it's not a bad idea to know what he's thinking. It's pretty clear that most fans out there would trade a 7th overall for Hall no questions asked. So would 29 GMs. I'm not doing what's best for other teams, it's just common sense man. I'm not doing what's best for Boston or Carolina, I just believe that if MacTavish called Rutherford or Chiarelli and asked them if they'd take 7th overall for Seguin or Skinner that he'd hear laughter then a click. 7th overall for either of these two favors the Oilers big time.

Middle of the road asset management you say? No, it's just been TERRIBLE asset management. Most posters on HFOil could've done a better job than Tambellini.