View Single Post
Old
09-30-2006, 09:43 PM
KFC

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=AJ1982;6621281]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC View Post
but your missing the point of the trade for carolina... they needed help now they desperatly needed more depth and they filled their holes with this trade... and teverdosky was trade to dump his salary... They were probably doubting there ability to sign johnnson fearing he wanted to playout his college ellibility and go back into the draft... QUOTE]

I understand they needed help but for god's sake, give up something other than the future cornerstone of your defensive corps. I also understand the salary dump idea but it still doesn't even out the trade. And finally, I don't think it is too concerning that a player wants to stay in school for his SOPHOMORE year, I really don't think there was anything that suggested JJ would not sign at a later date. The bottom line is this... the trade SUCKS for Carolina, and that is a fact.
well they obviously they felt that he wasn't going to sign with them, they must have known somthing we don't... yes if they had waited they could have gotten a better deal but they felt that these needs for a 3rd line center and a d-man were pressing enough that they had to make a move now.

KFC is offline   Reply With Quote