View Single Post
05-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Fanned On It
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by The Sweetness View Post
I certainly agree that it was a bad pass from Brassard.

But I also feel that there is a very small chance the goal happens if Zuccarello covers for McDonaugh instead of making a risky play to try and win the puck, which led to him getting beat by Marchand despite his best efforts.

If he would have covered I feel he can pretty easily get close enough to Bergeron so that Stralman can cover Marchand in the middle. I agree with you that it was a bad turnover from Brassard but it is also a very bad read by Zuccarello, which turned a bad turnover into an excellent scoring chance along with somewhat poor defending from Stralman.
I wouldn't really ever blame a defender covering a 2 on 1 for "poor defense". I mean, the best thing he could've done would've been laying out to almost completely eliminate a pass but even then, it's risky.

I'm trying to determine if it was a "bad pass" by Brass or just a really good defensive play by whichever Bruin tipped it. I mean, if Brass got that pass through then Nash (I think?) would've been in a prime scoring area with the puck. Sometimes you have to take risks to make amazing plays, and these kind of things HAVE been working out for Brass so in his mind he's probably thinking, "I can make this pass no problem, I've done it before."

I do agree that Zucc should've played it more conservatively and covered McD properly.