View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 07:50 PM
The Big Unit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Of course not. October is the same as May. Good point. Wade Redden and Daniel Paille are outperforming Sequin. Cant say they are outperforming Toews or Kane though. You do realize Kane is 3rd on the Hawks in playoff scoring right?

Because Toews (not Teows) is twice the player Sequin is?

3rd in team scoring is under performing? I wonder what 16th would be? Demoted out of the top six? I think I may be onto something!

I think I may be the only one who is grasping anything here.

I think NHL coaches know that if you're not winning in October there's a good chance you're not playing in May so they assign personnel spots in the lineup that give their team the best chance to win. I've explained this 3 different ways now. Clearly, this can't escape your grasp again.

You do realize Kane is Chicago's best player and he should be 1st in Hawks playoff scoring right? You know, like he was the rest of the year. You do realize Patrick Kane is capable of more than 0 goals in 6 playoff games right? You do realize that means he's under-performing right?

Kane and Toews (thanks for the proper spelling ) are being out performed by Hossa and Sharp. Kane and Toews are better than Hossa and Sharp. Just because Toews is twice the player Seguin is, it doesn't mean he's immune from criticism for not playing up to his standards. By your logic, Kane and Toews don't believe that games are more important in May so they've decided to under perform. Sound about right?

BTW Seguin is still averaging 16:54 in ice time in the playoffs including key situations in OT and critical PPs. If he was playing as horribly as you're implying you'd think he'd get a few minutes less than that.

Anyways, I watch the games. Have a great night IATL, thanks for the debate.