View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
I don't agree. We are losing two premium prospects in Connolly and the #3 pick. But now lets say Pysyk+16th overall=Connolly

Then its third overall for Vanek and massive cap relief. I personally would want Myers and not Vanek, but we could probably flip him for another stud D prospect. I'd peg Vanek's value as a #5-10 pick.

Depends on what kind of contract Vinny re-signs for. If its for less than a million a year, well then your looking at moving down a few spots in the draft for ~6 million dollars in cap relief over the next 8 years. That is an easy yes for me, and that cap room helps us now and in the future.

I can see the players association signing off on this, but the league would never allow this IMO since it goes against the basic premise behind the salary cap and protecting the lower market teams.

And this would ruin Buffalo's cap situation going forward, as they would be on the hook for Vinny's contract going forward well into the days that their young players have improved and are looking for raises.
What.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote