View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I know RDS always gives the Habs credit but TSN, SPORTSNET, THE SCORE, CBC and some radio networks never give them any credit no matter what they accomplish. This is one of the most successful sports franchises in north America. The New York Yankees get respect anywhere in north America yet just in Canada alone the Habs get hardly any.

When listening to the main stream sports media in Canada at least I always hear talk about the Leafs and other teams and how good they are and how a team like the Leafs have improved and analyze them for an extended period of time. Here are the Habs a team that went from last to 2nd in the east and the best team points wise in the NHL for a Canadian team and that all we hear is "oh they went from last to 2nd place thats impressive". We never hear guys from TSN, SPORTSNET, CBC, or THE SCORE elaborate on why they think the team was so much better yet they just change the subject and move on.

I am so tired of the most successful NHL franchise being tossed to the side by the media and how everyone seems to have a hate on for them. The only thing I can think of is that all of the main media outlets are based out of Toronto. Which is a joke in itself. What happened to unbias reporting thats all I ask for as a fan. Not for the media to only talk about the Habs but to talk about the Habs at the same respect and depth of the Leafs or any other Canadian team.
If we want to get more credit, we'll have to ice better teams. We've been terrible for years. It's only now that we finally have some young elite players to build around. As we get better it will get recognized.

As for us not getting credit, Subban and Gallagher are up for individual awards and the only reason Theodore beat Iginila for the Hart was because he was from Montreal.

As for the Leafs... they've been ripped on for years now.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote