View Single Post
Old
05-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqib View Post
So then why is it going to take a year to break ground. Why not start this fall?
The project evaluation and assessment that is needed to closely determine, and guarantee a cost ranges takes a fair while to complete. This would involve I imagine soil testing, assessment of any underground easements in area, need for remediation of land in area, asessing materials and project cost etc.

I agree this should have been done but the problem is the costs of all the above are estimated at around 8M bucks and its not something you're going to do if you don't build the arena.

What I would like to see, and hope it gets done, is that all materials for the arena are ordered, stockpiled, and at the ready for when this thing does start to go up. The one thing one would think could be mitigated is that theres time for organizing and acquiring materials so that shortages in real time do not impact the project pacing.

Once this thing gets going its a pretty tight construction schedule so any help in organizing would I think be warranted.