Thread: Value of: Dion Phaneuf
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2013, 12:02 AM
ReimerIsFuture
Rookie User

vCash: 500
People who bash Phaneuf have no idea what they're talking about. He's a great top 2 defenseman. However, I don't think he should be praised either. He has some very good things but also some very BAD things too.

Without Phaneuf the Leafs are missing a big hole in their line up, but with all the talent in our D pool lately, I honestly think we have depth to perhaps move Phaneuf. To me, Cody Franson can put up more points and is more responsible in our own zone than Phaneuf is. We also have Gardiner carrying the mail while Gunnarsson and Fraser help on the defensive side of things (Gunn and Fraser were a combined +22 in the regular season) with great prospects in Morgan Rielly, Stuart Percy, and Jesse Blacker.

I think right now Phaneuf is worth about the same as Jay Bouwmeester back at the deadline, maybe even more. I can see Phaneuf going to Columbus for one of their 1st round picks and one of Oscar Dansk/Boone Jenner. Or even back to Alberta, this time to his hometown Edmonton Oilers, and TRUST ME, they'd shop him for sure. They have a lot of youth in Edmonton but they're missing the defense. I'm sure they'd be ready to give up their 7th overall pick for Phaneuf.

ReimerIsFuture is offline   Reply With Quote