View Single Post
Old
05-18-2013, 08:46 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
I'm not talking emotion and sticking up for your team mates, obviously that's huge for a team. I'm talking sucker punches and bad penalties. Doing what is necessary without crossing the line. I have no problem with White challenging a guy to a fight. I have a problem with two-handed hacks and sucker punches. There's no room for that in hockey and hopefully no room for that within the Habs' organization. We want to be a respected organization, lets hope it starts with our GM and works it's way down. Prust does what it takes to win games, Subban does what it takes to win games, Gallagher plays with passion and does what it takes to win games.

Playing dirty doesn't win games.
I understand what you're saying, I just disagree with the point of view. There is room for that in the playoffs as evidenced by the SCF between Boston-Vancouver and even as recently as our series vs. Ottawa where they got away with every blatant cheap shot and we, as the victims, got called on everything else almost to make up for the terrible referee-ing. You just never know with officials nowdays.

We can be a respected organization by being a winner on the ice, not by being mr. nice guy Lady Bing finalist all over the roster.

It's funny because if you ask most other fans of other teams they will tell you that Subban and Gallagher are pretty dirty, but for us, they are doing what it takes like you said.

I think there is a distinction that has to be made between playing on the edge while ever-so-slightly crossing the line like how Bourque plays (and not getting in trouble for it) and White's rage inducing hystericals. But just like Therrien didn't hound White for it n'either shall I because all I saw was someone showing passion and willingness to sacrifice some body parts for the greater cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Let's be the new Boston Bruins, hell yeah!
Boston had a lot of speed and skill in the lineup too which contributed more than anything to their Cup win, but they complemented it well with toughness. So yeah, why not be the new Boston Bruins? (the one that are still in the playoffs, you know.)