View Single Post
Old
05-18-2013, 10:29 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
This is the single biggest reason why the Flyers won't win until Ed passes. He comes at it from way too much of a fan perspective, and he puts immeasurable pressure on the management team to make moves every offseason. About the only major offseason shakeup that's worked so far was the Timonen and Hartnell signings. The signings or trades for Briere, Pronger, and Bryz have all been disasters, in my opinion. The Richards/Carter saga is still up in the air, but if the Kings win another one and this core doesn't, then you have to consider that a big time loss on top of a huge embarrassment.

Wealthy owners need to just be the wallet anymore. Look at what it did for Dan Snyder and the Redskins. Trust the hockey minds to do their jobs like Jacobs has done in Boston.
As a Redskins fan, the best thing that ever happened to that franchise was the hiring of Mike Shannahan and Bruce Allen. Both are very strong personalities and they told Snyder flat out that they make the football decisions and that Snyder needed to trust them to do the right thing.

That's the thing with owners like Davis, Snyder, Snider, etc......As a GM, you need to be a strong willed GM and let them know that you're running the hockey operations and they need to trust the decisions you make.

Now, do I think Ed said to Holmgren that Bryzgalov was the guy he wanted? I don't think he said Bryzgalov's name, but that he told Holmgren the goaltending carousel needs to stop and that Holmgren needs to get a starting goaltender. I think Snider pushed the idea of getting a starter and that Holmgren jumped on what the boss said.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote