View Single Post
Old
05-18-2013, 10:37 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Exactly. His biggest flaw (obviously he is still super young so it can be corrected) is that he is ALL OVER the place in regards to his positioning.
As you mentioned though, he's still young and his positioning will get better. I can also state that his positioning has gotten much better since coming to London. Part of the problem is that Stolarz has never really had a goaltending to work on his positioning until now (sounds very Bobrovsky-esque). I don't think it's something that will change overnight and that it will take some work (that's why Stolarz is a 4 to 5 year long term project). I think the success in getting Stolarz to develop will be to find a way to balance the athleticism and size with positioning and technique.

The good news though is that Stolarz is very receptive to the coaching he receives and he's got one of the best work ethics out of all the Flyers prospects. So, there's optimism that he can do it. The question is - will the Flyers be patient with Stolarz? If they are, then this will be a move that pays off immensely.