View Single Post
Old
05-18-2013, 11:00 AM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynite77 View Post
Originally I did click on this thread thinking there would be discussion, but all of it was just about the Stalin comments which I would compare to when Ozzie Guillen talked about Fidel Castro.

Then I thought about why the welfare comments are ignored. Is it because a lot of the people reading what he said thought "Yea, he's right."? If Bryz was a Russian center playing the 76ers I wonder what the reaction would be.

I think hockey in the US obviously skews WAY WAY WAY to the Caucasian side. That's how it is in Philly (Ed Snider Youth Foundation thing not withstanding). I'm sure someone will say "Hey, I was at a Flyers game and there was an African American family sitting near me.", but when you take a look around they are in a minority (no pun intended) when you consider the city demographics now have more African-American residents than Caucasian I don't think you see that type of breakdown at a Flyers game.
I don't think it's a race thing. There's actually more white people on welfare in this country than black people IIRC.

Most probably see some truth in what he's saying wether they like to admit it or not. He also said it wasn't his opinion but what he hears other people saying.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote