View Single Post
Old
05-18-2013, 11:08 AM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
As a Redskins fan, the best thing that ever happened to that franchise was the hiring of Mike Shannahan and Bruce Allen. Both are very strong personalities and they told Snyder flat out that they make the football decisions and that Snyder needed to trust them to do the right thing.

That's the thing with owners like Davis, Snyder, Snider, etc......As a GM, you need to be a strong willed GM and let them know that you're running the hockey operations and they need to trust the decisions you make.

Now, do I think Ed said to Holmgren that Bryzgalov was the guy he wanted? I don't think he said Bryzgalov's name, but that he told Holmgren the goaltending carousel needs to stop and that Holmgren needs to get a starting goaltender. I think Snider pushed the idea of getting a starter and that Holmgren jumped on what the boss said.
It's another reason why the Flyers hire so many ex-players for management positions. Ed loves his "yes men" that feel a sense of loyalty to him. It's no secret that Snider has been calling the big shots. A lot of that stems from the Stanley Cup teams that he constructed, and how he was the guy to make the decision to get tougher. Since then, he thinks he's fit to make personnel decisions.

I don't think he specifically told Homer to get Bryz either, but he put a ton of pressure on him to end the goalie situation. So Homer went after the biggest fish of a weak UFA crop just to show that he was listening. Because of that, we have this fiasco.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote