View Single Post
Old
10-01-2006, 06:27 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Rangerboy- Ultimate kiss of death?

To be honest, if its not taken to serious, and I don't think it will be, I think it can be really good for us.

First of all, I think is good for attention in NY. Second, it might affect the refs some. Great teams gets better treatment. No ref wants to be the one who where on the ice when a goon where allowed to sink a favorite team... (Remember how Hollweg where sent of everytime he looked at Forsberg, something that defenitly not happend to thoose who charged after Jagr )

BTW, how much cap space do we have left? (after Ozolinsh are gotten rid of, cause I am pretty sure we will be able to do that)

Having allot of capspace left won Carolina the cup, no doubt. Everyone where really suprised when Carolina now sent Jack Johnson and Tverdovsky for Gleason and Eric something. Though a big factor in that deal might have been dumping Tverdovsky.

There will be allot of solid UFA's in 07', many of them who plays for teams who seems to be out of the PO race come deadline are always moved.

Many of the better looking teams today don't have any cap space left at all. Carolina have almost 7m left, lets say they can add a Todd Bertuzzi late in the season, odds would shift heavily to their favor again.

The diffrence between a contending team with 5m left of cap room and a contending team with 2m left are really big today, and should always be taken into account when ranking the teams.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote