View Single Post
Old
05-18-2013, 02:58 PM
finchster

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ StockBB View Post
this. all the people who want him gone please tell me who you think should replace him. I'm not saying keep him eve if he has ridiculous contract demands but if we can sign him for somewhere between 4-4.75 million or even a little higher I do it.
I'd go 5m tops and move Kelly and Peverley to make space. Spooner doesn't have anything left to prove in the AHL and Soderberg will probably play on the third line next year. That leaves the Bruins with a hole on the third line right wing which is easier to replace than a top six right wing

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Soderberg - Spooner - ????
Pallie - Campbell - Thornton

We could even get a RW in a trade for Kelly or Peverley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
He is third in goals, isn't he?

Looks, it's not that I don't like him. I do. I liked him when they acquired him and up until the last half of this season I've liked him. But it's been this last half of the season and the playoffs where I've seen him become so lackadaisical in his (perceived by me) effort, like I said with the standing around.

He's making $5.5M this season. Does his contract go down should he re-up with the Bruins? Does the team pay him more than that, especially with the cap going down? I just can't see it, either way. I also question whether he would take less if he's as productive as his stats make him appear to be (0.3 GPG in the regular season, 0.5 GPG in the playoffs).

What are the odds he goes for that $4M - $4.5M in his next contract? I'd think slim.

I don't know. I figure Chia lets him test the FA market. It'll be tough with the cap going down as expected. We'll see.
Everyone has his price, mine is 5m for Horton anymore than that I let him walk as well. As for lack of effort, it would be nice to have a team full of guys who play 100mph every shift but I'm not letting a guy walk based on 'effort' when we don't have the talent to replace him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Clarkson is on a worse team. His game is more of what everyone here was looking for. Pretty even trade off in the scoring dept IMO, with th edge to Clarkson in grit, edge to Horton in skill

I'd keep Horton still. He has some good chemistry. I want to see some changes on that third line. One of or both Kelly and Pevs should be traded to make room for hungrier players.
Playing on a worse team can inflate offensive numbers for middling forwards because they will play more. Clarkson played 17:35 a night with 3:30 PPTOI a night, only Bergeron and Krejci played more than that and everyone played about a minute less on the power play. I can't see a situation where Clarkson would play more than all our top six wingers. I want no part of Clarkson.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote