View Single Post
Old
05-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Yeti34

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
I'd go 5m tops and move Kelly and Peverley to make space. Spooner doesn't have anything left to prove in the AHL and Soderberg will probably play on the third line next year. That leaves the Bruins with a hole on the third line right wing which is easier to replace than a top six right wing

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Soderberg - Spooner - ????
Pallie - Campbell - Thornton

We could even get a RW in a trade for Kelly or Peverley.

Everyone has his price, mine is 5m for Horton anymore than that I let him walk as well. As for lack of effort, it would be nice to have a team full of guys who play 100mph every shift but I'm not letting a guy walk based on 'effort' when we don't have the talent to replace him.

Playing on a worse team can inflate offensive numbers for middling forwards because they will play more. Clarkson played 17:35 a night with 3:30 PPTOI a night, only Bergeron and Krejci played more than that and everyone played about a minute less on the power play. I can't see a situation where Clarkson would play more than all our top six wingers. I want no part of Clarkson.
I agree with what your saying except wanting no part of Clarkson. If for some reason Horton wants to leave. You have to fill that whole, and Clarkson is the best guy to do that.

Really want to see the bolded, but I don't see Chia moving both of them.

Yeti34 is offline   Reply With Quote