Thread: Proposal: Chi-Fla
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2013, 04:53 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Pass from Chicago - I really don't think MacKinnon is going to hit his potential... I see him topping out as a second liner, 50-60pts a yr guy. TT may not hit his potential either, I feel he's boom/bust and his success will depend almost entirely on his transition to NA ice. Leddy is going to be a special defenseman though, a top pairing puck mover for the majority of his career, IMO, and that's not something the Hawks should part with.

Honestly one of the only guys I'd be interested in the hawks trading up for would be Monahan, but our system is so full I wouldn't want to part with much other than UFAs or prospects.
Why would middling prospects and UFA rights entice anyone in Monahan's range to trade that pick? Put yourself in the situation of the teams in that range, and ask yourself would you trade a blue chip prospect like Monahan for UFA rights and mid prospects?

Would you trade a guy like Toews or Kane (who admittedly have some more value than Monahan, but the principle holds) for UFA rights and 'ok' prospects?

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote