View Single Post
05-18-2013, 05:28 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by The Big Unit View Post
No I'm quite serious. A GM who led his team to two last place and one 2nd last place finish in 3 consecutive years just plain sucks.

Can you please tell me what's so great about this year's 7th overall that Rutherford and Chiarelli should give up on players their organizations love and have spent 3 years developing?
Even if Tambi did just plain suck, there is no chance that "many on HFOil" could've done a better job. Sitting in front of a keyboard typing up whatever one can think of does not put one on equal footing with an NHL GM. Just take a look at most proposals being bandied about here and it should be clear to you that "many on HFOil" couldn't carry an NHL GM's clipboard, never mind do his job.

As for what's so great about the 7th overall, it's about leverage. With this being seen as one of the deepest drafts in many years, as well as the fact that the cap is going down relatively significantly, you can bet it's worth more than a 7th overall in, say, 2007 or even 2010, for example. So you don't simply throw it into a package to acquire a player without, at the very least, getting the other team's 1st rounder back also.

I'm not married to the 7th overall by any means, but I'd like to see a strong package return for it if it is moved.

Last edited by 17Kurri: 05-18-2013 at 05:56 PM.