View Single Post
Old
10-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Bob in Niagara

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Since it looks like the Pens aren't happy about Fleury's development right now the rumor out there is he is currently being shopped. Would you if your Bob Gainey offer a deal with Aebisher and Perezhogin to Pittsburgh for Fleury?

Aebisher is your legit #1 with Thibault as a decent #2, plus I think Perezhogin would really do well playing with Malkin.

Fleury is a good goalie who has been on bad Penguin teams and now a developing better team, but still very young team. He could play behind Huey for the next 2 seasons playing the 25-30 games and play on a stronger all around team in the Habs. It also brings back a Franco player with star potential, not to mention a potentially nice tandem in Fleury and Price in 2-3 years.

This trade would also open up some payroll space since Fleury makes $990,000.00 and Abby makes $1,900,000.00 + Perezhogin's $627,000.00=$2,527,000.00 which opens $1,537,000 cap space on our payroll too.

If he is being shopped I think BG should make a call.
I would definitely make the call to see what the asking price is at least. I am VERY concerned with our golatending right now.

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote