View Single Post
Old
05-18-2013, 11:23 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I know it's tempting to play guys like Pearson when you need a boost, but this is why you don't. That fourth line was useless. I don't really understand why DS ****ed around with the lineup after a win, but one of our strengths is being able to put out that fourth line and third pairing late in games, which couldn't be done tonight.
I agree the line wasn't any good but Pearson did look very good for a rookie in his first game that is also a playoff game. I like his game and he looked like he can play in the NHL.

What DS has me questioning is the Ellerby/Muzzin pairing and then Ellerby being out on the ice in OT during a playoff game. It was his mistake that allowed that pile of Shark excrement to score the game winning goal. He leaves the man in the slot open in favor of watching the guy along the boards.

I still don't get DS' pairing two kids. Ellerby had an alright game and Muzzin did too but that mistake is what rookies make and to have them out there in OT under those circumstances is crazy.