View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 12:35 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post
Those 99 Knicks were what really got me into sports. They were just such a good team. Cinderalla story too, but they had some really good players. LJ and Houston are still two of my favorite Knicks of all time. I loved Sprewell, Charlie Ward and Chris Dudley. Amazing they made it all the way to the finals even after losing Ewing.

That's why I found this Knicks team so unlikable. I felt they were selfish and never trusted their teammates. The 99 Knicks were as fun to watch as any team I have ever rooted for.
I may be mistaken but people pegged the Knicks winning it all that season; Jordan retired the season before and most people thought the Knicks would win it all. It's that they squeaked into the playoffs and went on a tear.

I do agree about the players the Knicks had back then; if Houston wasn't lighting it up, it was Sprewell, if not Sprewell, you had guys like Ward, Johnson, and prime Camby. I said it before: when those guys went to the free throw, guaranteed points. You'd rarely see 3 missed baskets.

I have to disagree with Dudley. He was bad. You couldn't count on anything with him back there.

Sigh..then the Twin Towers awaited the Knicks in the finals..