View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 01:09 AM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
I was looking at the UFA goalie pool and I saw that Kipprusoff, Vokoun, and Thomas are still UFA's. This is a peeve of mine and it relates to the UFA rules, one problem I've seen in them since the beginning is that it leads to older goalies who ask for to much to stay as UFA's and rot there. They could be useful to a team for a season, so it would be nice if an amendment could be made to the UFA rules that any player over the age of 35 is allowed to be given a 1 year contract no matter what their overall is. Because irl no one is going to give a 37 year old player a multi year contract, most of the time it will be one year
I had been thinking about something to do with players who haven't signed by the start of the season. If you're willing to sign a player to the appropriate multi-year deal, then you get him. But if literally nobody wants to sign the player, then maybe lift the restrictions when the first block of the season hits? For the record, I have no problem with how things are, just throwing out an idea that crossed my mind before.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote