View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Flamingo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Honestly, the thing that surprised me the most, shocked me really, in game 2 was that it was the Pens who came out flying and desperate, not the Senators. The Pens sort of just ran out the clock at the end, but move aside injuries or talent questions either way, the Senators just plain came out flat, and the Pens came out as if they were the team down 0-1 in the series. Mostly it was Crosby, but the entire team followed his lead. Maybe the Pens learned a lesson from the first round.

I do not expect the same thing in game 3. The Sens have to come out and win or lose leave everything that they have on the ice starting from when the puck drops. The Pens have to be ready for that and at least withstand the initial onslaught if not match it with their own like they did in game 2. Of course I said the same thing before the last game, but this time I have zero doubts it will be so.
The Sens have put out inconsistent efforts frequently this season, seemingly failing to rise to the occasion for critical games. See last two games versus Toronto, last regular season game against Penguins. But they do have bounce-back resilience, especially at home in front if a loud crowd.

It's hard to predict what effort level we'll see, but it seems like Maclean tries to get them to approach the game professionally and tactically before emotionally.