View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 10:54 AM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Definitely not a strategy. But I think tonight they come out desperate. Pens will have to weather a storm early and then they can throw the pressure right back on Ottawa if they get lucky and are up after one or two periods.

The crowd will be great and the Sens will come out flying. It's what happens when a team goes back home. Either Vokoun needs to steal the show for the Pens or the Sens fail to capitalize on big time chances (a la Pens in Game 2). That would be devastating for the Sens. If the Pens would have scored on a couple more chances in Game 2, it would have never been that close. So if there is a wide open net, Sens have to finish. Then pressure for Game 4 builds.

What will I expect? 1-0 or 2-1 1st period for the Sens. Pens will have to answer in the 2nd/3rd period to win this one. The Sens will go back to relying on their great defense. Frustrating the Pens in the neutral zone all night. This one could find OT.

One major thing to watch for: Sens defense will be activated early. They picked up the pressure on the Pens when they started playing desperate hockey. It was working and I think PM knows. As long as the game is tied, the Sens will activate their defense hard. Pens are going to have to rely on short chips and try to spring some 2 on 1s. If they try to stretch all game, I expect some turnovers to go the Sens way.
Bylsma says hi.