View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
The Kings are most certainly clutching and grabbing and running interference in the defensive zone. They do it all game long. They tow the line just enough to get away with it most of the time. Just listen to the announcers during a kings game. The refs are always "letting them play." Letting them play just means that you aren't calling penalties that should be penalties.

It does take a nearly perfect set up play for a scoring chance. That makes for a dull as **** game though. I don't mind a low scoring hockey game. But when you go through a 20 minute period and there are maybe 4 scoring chances... there is something wrong with that. It's dreadful. I might admire the defensive capabilities of Hitchcock/Sutter. But their teams suck the excitement out of the games they play.
Maybe you watched the wrong game. I didn't see last nights game but game 2 was phenomenal. Just two teams going at it hard and last goal wins. The aspect I didn't like is the refs helping out with the late calls. That should've been SJ's game.