View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Tawnos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkis View Post
I don't think it's necessary to calling him out to the media. Stuff like that should be dealt with behind closed doors.
And what if calling him out behind closed doors doesn't do the trick? What do you do then? Tortorella's job is to get the most out of his guys. It isn't his job to coddle players' feelings unless that's the best way to get them to play at their best (of which I really don't think there are many players on this team). With some, calling them out to the media is going to be more effective than an absolute closed door policy. I don't believe that a single person who takes issue with this kind of stuff has ever had to motivate individuals in a diverse group of people, or if they have, they haven't done it as well as possible. And I really don't believe that the players react negatively to it.

The same goes for that crap about how he "bashed" Hagelin, but not Richards. This isn't little league, where even the last place team gets a trophy. Not everyone gets treated the same way, nor should they. I'm sure Tortorella knows Richards well enough to know what he does or doesn't respond to.