Thread: Proposal: EDM - Buff
View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 03:45 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Not really. How many d-men make the NHL at 18? He'd likely be a year or 2 wait. By the time he's NHL ready, Pysyk will already be eating top 4 minutes.
As has been said, I'd hate giving Pysyk up. What he's shown so far is that he doesn't just project as a top 4 d-man, but a tough-minutes one. Buffalo sure as hell needs one or two of those. Not sure what we really gain by trading a kid who's developing beautifully into that role.
I look at the team and I think 13/14 is a step back but then they make moves in 14/15 and 15/16.

Trading Pysyk now and then having to pick a Dman has risk of him being a bust and it will take 2-3 yrs to eventually see him at the NHL level.

I would be more open to move McNabb.

If it was Pysyk for the 7th pick Id seriously consider it. Then Edmonton would be thinking we want a Dman that can play now who looks like a top 4 Dman rather than wait 2-4 yrs for their development.

The only reason I would do the deal for the #7 pick is because I feel it is a pick that Buffalo could safely use to move up to #4.

If I have to sacrifice Pysyk I am getting MacKinnon/Barkov/Drouin.

Having #7 and #8 means likely getting 2 Dmen or Nichuskin and a Dman. I dont like either.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote