View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 03:47 PM
finchster

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
I'd love to see the Bruins add a clear upgrade in the top 4, if they can manage the cap. Someone like Carlson or Yandle.

Ference, Boychuk and Redden have a combined cap hit of $6.6 million. Yandle is at $5.25 million and Carlson is at $3.9 million.

McQuaid, Hamilton, Bartkowski, and Krug have a combined cap hit of $5.35 million so they are good value.

Chara - Carlson
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Bartkowski - McQuaid
Krug

Chara - Hamilton
Yandle - Seidenberg
Bartkowski - McQuaid
Krug
You will not find anyone who wanted a clear upgrade in defence more than me, I've always wanted a Bruins team with two number one defencemen. I like Johnny Boychuk but I am not against trading him. But if Hamilton has a sophomore slump we are in a tough position next year, which is why I would hold off on trading Boychuk until the trade deadline next year. You can never have too many NHL defencemen like you can't have too many pitchers in baseball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaylorJ1 View Post
I love this idea, how are we going to acquire them though?
That's the issue with me, it will cost a top six forward. In the past I was willing to trade Krejci for a good young defencemen which I saw as a massive hole in the organization, but I've backed away from that because we have Hamilton now.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote