View Single Post
Old
01-04-2004, 06:39 AM
Sam I Am

vCash: 500
the real Bulldog prospects

There have been a few Bulldag games televised lately. Based on those, these observations.

1) Number one prospect for Habs is Josef Balej. Very, very fast. Talented. Shoots hard, quick and often. For those of you old ehough to remember, he's strongly reminiscent of former Hab Russ Courtnall.

2) Habs prospect 1A: Perezhogin. Some serious skills. Unlike what some have said, he is unafraid of the physical side of the game. Huge prospect.

3) Plekanec is not rated here as he is already with the big club. Slightly larger version of Koivu though no less fast. Very good play-maker. IMO a keeper over Ribiero or Pereault.

4) Player with biggest upside: Svitov. Tmapa Bay property. Giant-sized with speed and skill. Plays off-and-on but when he's on he is scary good, May never justify his third overall selection but if he puts it all together, watch out. Love for Habs to somehow put together a deal to snag him.

5) Higgins: not ready. Neither impresses nor looks out of place. Simply too soon in his case.

6) Hainsey. Good with puck but accident prone. Defensively, not so hot against the rush. I'd love to say he's a lock on a spot with the big club but as of now he has yet to prove it. Bouillon is still much more reliable and reliable is what you want in a defenceman. Would consider trading him--but only for another prospect (see Svitov above).

7) Beauchemin. May be useful as an insurance policy against injury but don't see him supplanting anyone on the Habs in the near future.

8) Milroy. Too young, too green and way too soon to tell. Maybe the additional ice time he'll get with all the call-ups will help.

9) The two other Tampa prospects are solid forwards, Their names escape me at the moment.

As for the rest, it's hard to say anything beyond one word: longshot.