Old
01-04-2004, 05:51 AM
stanley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
FYI,
Actually the "A" doesn't stand for "assistant" it stands for "alternate."
He's right. I suppose you could say we were "schooled" by Marshall. A sun will shine, a dog will bark, a tree will - well, whatever trees do, and a teacher will teach. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Brindy should have allways been the captian over Lindros. And it isnt even close.
I concur, but I don't think it's anybody's fault (not that you do). In hindsight, I think that teams should conduct personality profiles to determine who would make the best captains. For some reason, I think many people have grown up equating on-ice ability and leadership, when I think the two are not necessarily mutally inclusive.

Eric was obviously talented on the ice, but the part of his personality we got to view as spectators seemed to indicate that he was much more comfortable being one of the guys than the captain. Giving Lindros a letter, and the most important one at that, was a distraction to both him and the team. Not only was it done when he was in his early twenties (22?), but it was done by ripping it off Kevin Dineen's sweater. Eek! Dineen, for those of you that don't remember, is every bit the personality of Brind'Amour and was an experienced captain.

Again, I have the luxury of hindsight, and we can all rest easy in their current choice.