View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
So by this same criteria that you're going by here, you now agree with the statement that OV was incredibly more dominant than Crosby in 09/10, correct?
I mean +45 to only +15 is telling us something right.
Obviously OV was by FAR the better even strength player right? I mean, blew him out of the water better according to your metric.
Not so sure about "blowing him out of the water" but it's safe to say that AO was the better ES player in 10 sure.

I went back and had a look at Sid versus AO, and others in the excellent adjusted Even-strength plus minus study done by Overpassand it has through that 10 season

AE 180 and Sid 137 (difference of 43)

Looking further into his study here is how some of the players discussed in this thread have done through 2011

Forsberg 303
Mario 273
Federov 227
AO 208
Sid 154 (difference of 52, the gain by AO explained mostly by health as AO has 5.8 seasons to Sid's 5.0)

I also know that Sid has made up some of that gap in the 12 and 13 seasons even with time missed but don't have the numbers, perhaps Overpass can update at some point.

Also it is very interesting to note that Eric Lindros is 7th all time (post 68 that we have numbers for) which is pretty incredible but he was in fact a "dominant force" when he played.

It is also important to note that the adjusted plus minus that Overpass has done doesn't account for strength of line mates of defensive partners on the ice, it's a pure Raw calculation.

Be that as it may, it's still an extremely use full study IMO.

Last edited by Hardyvan123: 05-19-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote