View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 10:11 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Really nice analysis but please don't embarrass yourself by mentioning Hank in the same sentence with Patrick Roy.
Why am I "embarrassing" myself? You don't think that with his regular season success, if Hank played like he did in the regular season (elite level) with a lot more regularity but also had the types of HOF games that he's had in the playoffs over the years, you don't think he'd be considered in that league? Real difference is that Roy is a playoff ace, while Lundqvist lowers his play in the playoffs. If what I said happened in the playoffs (maybe not EVERY year, even Roy wasn't GREAT every year), he'd be one of the greats. He's shown that he can have AMAZING games in the playoffs. He's shown that he can have consistently elite play in the regular season. If he somehow put the 2 together he'd be great. The AMAZING games don't need to come at a ridiculous rate. Just, if he was in regular season Lundqvist form more often in the playoffs he'd be one of the best ever. Seems like, instead of considering my scenario you think with your emotions and don't want Roy's name to be tarnished.