Thread: Proposal: Stastny to the habs
View Single Post
Old
05-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Where is that list of reasons as to why Stastny would be worth giving up good assets and 6.6 million dollars for? All you have listed is him being over 6 feet and over 200 pounds. What about the fact that he is soft as butter, is not strong with the puck down low or in the corners, doesn't hit, can't fight, and has seen his offensive production drop significantly over 3 seasons?

The ONLY reason you bring another center to Montreal is if that center brings something to the team we NEED. We need size for certain. However, that size is useless on Stastny. He is a taller, heavier, less productive and less defensive Plekanec who will cost 1.6 million dollars more. He is definitely not any better than the improving and developing Eller who outproduced Stastny in terms of point production, hitting, and blocked shots while playing 2 minutes less on the PP and over 4 minutes less per game. Are you suggesting we bring in a 6.6 million dollar third line center?

If explaining to you in detail why it is ludicrous to bring Stastny to Montreal for free, never mind the assets we would have to give up to get him, is "insulting" or "disrespectful" then I don't know what to say. Sorry if you feel insulted. NOT sorry for clearly detailing why the Habs have absolutely no need for Stastny, even if he is big and from Quebec.
I think it worth the risk, it's only one year of contract, if you look at what it took to the penguins to get Hossa or when the devils got Kovalchuk, I don't think Stastny will be that expensive, his 3 first seasons were impressive and maybe a change of scenary could be benefic for him, he's not that old and we don't have to resign him if it doesn't work.

It always depend of the price but I think the habs should take the risk if they can get him for a reasonnable price.

our line up could look like this :

Bourque Plekanec Gallagher (Gionta)
Paccioretty Stastny DD
Galchenyuk Eller Gionta (Gallagher)

But you can always put Stastny at the wing, I think if a player is intelligent enough to play center he certainly can play at the wing.

I think that Stastny is definitly better than Eller, he got a bad season but if you look at his rookie year and the 2 seasons after, Eller is far from that level, Stastny have a better vision and he's a better passer, you can't denied it.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote