View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Orr123

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
First game in months, I wouldn't expect him to be at 100% mode just yet.
For me, why I think Spezza made a difference, is it took off a bit of the pressure off of the other lines. It made people focus on him, and gave other lines space and easier competition. So maybe it wasn't that he made a direct obvious help, he didn't play awful (IMO) and he helped take some pressure off the team, by taking on some of the pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Latvian View Post
Karlsson was excellent. And was much more engaged defensively. Not sure what you are seeing or expecting. He didn't and excellent job against Crosby, as did Methot.
And I agree Karlsson was WAY better this game. First he broke up Crosby a tonne. I did only watch the last 2 regulation periods and OT, but Karlsson backchecked Crosby numerous times, he made one bad play, and obviously is still slower. But I thought he was way way way better than the last two games. He does need to hit the net, and get his shot through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Methot was fantastic. His play with the puck looked underwhelming, but he was really, really strong defensively.
And Methot is one of the Sens best D men. He's just a force, consistently. So so so happy with that trade.

Also, Pageau and Greening have been incredible this series. In the first two games, it looked like those two were the only ones that tried. And tonight, they looked like a force again. I was super impressed with Pageau, when he took a big hit, then got right back up and made some offensive play. Kids got heart. Also, love seeing Greening with blood running down his face, scoring the OT winning off a highstick that went uncalled. Just a great pic!

Andy of course was great, but that's nothing new. And our D did a great job of clearing the few rebounds that were given up.

On the Pitts. side. I feel like Malkin can seem lazy. Crosby was shut down tonight. The Pens third and fourth line is what impressed me the most. And Vokoun was great. And I still do NOT understand why teams sit on a 1 goal lead. Its foolish! And yet again the Sens show why you don't sit on a small lead.

And I must say, that Alfie tying goal.... was epic. I just saw that and couldn't even believe it! I still kinda can't believe it. Basically a short handed goal with 30 sec. left. It warms my heart!