Old
05-20-2013, 01:52 AM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Respectfully disagree.

For the most part, Vokoun was stopping long shots and bad angle chances. In other words, apart from 2 or 3 times, he saw nothing that should go in unless he makes a mistake, which he didn't.

Anderson was seeing cross-crease tap-ins, breakaways, one-timers from the slot, slapshots from between the circles, deflections from the top of the crease, spin-o-ramas from the paint, wrist shot tickets from the dots, etc. And he was seeing a lot of these types of chances, not a few. Generally speaking, goaltenders do not stop 20 or 30 some chances like that.

Stopping low-percentage chances means you've done your job well, which Vokoun definitely did.

Seeing the stuff Anderson was seeing and still stopping all that means you've stolen the game.
I thought it was a pretty easy night for Anderson. They did have one breakaway on him. I cant recall any deflections at the top of the paint. Pittsburgh did a rather poor job getting traffic in front. You are not gonna beat Anderson very often on that first shot. Those cross crease tap in plays were defeated very well by the Senator players. Wrap arounds arent difficult. Anderson played very good but you maybe exgarrerating here. Maybe we have been spoiled here in Ottawa lately but thats my opinion on all these "chances" Pittsburgh had.