View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 02:02 AM
stardog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlenrules View Post
I was also confused when I saw the Pens top PP on the ice for the last couple minutes. At first I figured they would have Crosby and Letang either way, and then I saw the rest of them.

You could tell they weren't really comfortable out there, and it made for a way too easy equalizer.
The decision to sit back and not attack, put pressure on the Sens or have any resemblance of aggression is what killed them. Playing passive hockey and simply letting the Senators possess the puck (ONE forechecker??? Really????) and carry it unmolested up the ice is what did them in. Second game in a row they did this on a power play.
Malkin doesn't get the blame here at all! Kunitz (the one forechecker) lets his man go...just happens to be Alfredsson, while Martin, Letang and Sutter are guilty of puck watching. No one covers the middle because they are all focused on the point.
It's easy to blame Geno here, but the truth is the problem on this play was the decision to not make any effort to keep possession of the puck (you know, the style of play which got them here) and instead give it up to Ottawa, and let them control the play DESPITE BEING A MAN SHORT!
Bylsma is getting out coached for the second straight series. A HUGE HUGE strategical error.