View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 01:51 AM
NewAgeOutlaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
I do agree with that people shouldn't complain about reffing, but as a fan of a team, you will complain --- especially in the moment. If the games were switched, and the refs missed some VERY obvious calls, I wouldn't hear the end of it from the Pitts fans. It is what it is. I think for me, the small calls don't bug me. But when there are very blatant missed calls, that's the annoying side of things. These refs are professionals and should be doing the best job they can. When they miss highsticks to the face, and some causing blood... or spears to the abdomen in front of a ref. That's annoying.

BUT, as annoying as that is for a fan, I never wish my team to whine and complain about it. I just want them to work harder and kill the penalty off (It drove me a bit nuts Karlsson couldn't let the very obvious missed call go after the initial WTF??? moment). All in all tonight the Sens took their penalites, killed them off, and took advantage of when the Pens sat back. It wasn't pretty, but that seems to be how the Sens win this season.
I know things will be said in the heat of the moment. There are just a few people who can only be found in gdt's when the Pens get a call. I know I post stuff criticizing conspiracy theorists a lot, and that it might get a bit redundant. I just wish the discussion on this board was held to a higher standard. Again, this is a small minority of people, and most don't take them seriously. There was even one post in today's gdt that said Penguins fans shouldn't feel joy when their team wins because of the ref favoritism. It's bad when it gets to the point where people shame you for cheering for a team you grew up with and love from your home city. I realize I probably shouldn't let such posts bother me, but it's just a shame to not be able to just discuss the series with the vast majority of you Sens fans who are passionate and knowledgeable, the crazies always get in the way. (crazy fans of both teams.)