View Single Post
05-20-2013, 03:00 AM
Bryzgalov's Blueline
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I'd like to see them sign a first pairing puck mover (Streit) to play with Schenn.
Then reunite Timonen and Coburn
Play Grossmann and Gustafsson in the 3rd pairing.

If we can't get another D, and are stuck with Mesz, we could play him with Luke.

The other name that intrigues me, but would require buying out Bryz for sure, is to get Brian Campbell off the Panthers. $7.14 x 3 more years on his contract. If it didn't cost us too much to get him, it would be better to pay him that price than Streit $5.5 for 3 years (I would do that deal for sure). Campbell is 33, Steit is 35. Their stats are identical 27 pts in 48 games.

I didn't get a chance to watch Campbell and Luke Schenn paired together for the Worlds. Any opinions. Did they look good together.

Getting Streit or Campbell will give us time for Ghost to develop.
Streit is the guy I want to go after, but I think Gustafsson plays enough like Timonen to the point where either Schenn or Coburn would feel comfortable with him.

I think our future is more invested in Schenn, so keeping Timonen with him makes sense.

If Streit or Campbell can be had reasonably, then that would obviously bump Gus down to Grossmann.

Either way, we're going to be patient with Ghost for now. Whether it was the organization's call or Ghost himself wanted to stay, I'm cool with it.