View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 04:58 AM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Hemsky at $5 million is not a "steal" unless he's a 60-70 point guy and he won't be that here again because of our personnel. A high 2nd or preferably a low 1st for him would be a very desirable return for us right now IMO. We'd free up more cap space to attract bottom 6 talent and a LH PMD.
I was talking about if Edmonton retained Hemsky so that he was 2.5M instead of 5M.

As for the other points, it sounds easy to buyout Horcoff/Smyth and trade Hemsky but we're talking about adding five different guys in a weak UFA market as well as a market where there will be more buyers then sellers. Even with Sir Bold MacT, I would be worried about how we would replace Horcoff/Hemsky and still improve our D and still improve our bottom six AND get that sizeable top six forward.

I say that because if Edmonton doesn't do anything to replace them, they will use the "youth" card and we'll see Harty/Lander/Klefbom/Rajala/Marincin and co. filling roles they can't really fill yet.

Edmonton has around 5 holes or so with Hemsky/Horcoff/even Smyth in the lineup, nevermind if you cut two of them (Smyth doesn't really matter that much).