View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 10:19 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I really like streit. He has played well for the islanders and proven he still is a top pairing defender. I understand he isn't the one we are looking for(young) to build around, but he would be a major upgrade over Coburn, especially on offense. He could quarterback the second PP and give us 20 mins a night. He also hasn't played in the NHL for his whole career. Not saying that other leagues are soft but he hasn't taken the beating he could have. He came over when he was 27 years old. He wants a 3 year deal for 5.5. If we move Coburn for a young defender or even package him for Ryan, I would have no problems trying to trade for his rights at the draft or going after him in the offseason.

I do suspect that Ryan will be traded for. I am not in favor of waiting for him to sign with us. We have seen many teams get burned that way. We should remember Ryan is still very young, get him now in his offensive peak and we have a nice top line for giroux

Ryan-giroux-voracek
Hartnell-schenn-Simmonds
Gagne/FA-couts-read
Talbot-Laughton-rinaldo
Rosy

Kimmo-schenn
Streit-mez
Grossmann-Gus

Or you could try and move mez. If you do just insert Coburn back into the lineup. I honestly think Coburn could fetch a 1st and good prospect from a team like Montreal or Detroit. They need steady big defenseman who will give them a solid 22 minutes a night. They just don't grow on trees.

Also if we have to trade couts for Ryan(hoping not) just slide Laughton up to the 3rd line center. We can sign a 4th line center(Gordon, my dream 4th line center)

There is too much to try and cover what we will do. One thing we all should know though is this team will be different. I will not be relying on mcginn/akeson for a top 9 role and I hope to hell homer isn't either. Gus shouldn't be in the top 4 next year unless there is injuries also. Let him be groomed the right way on the third pairing with grossmann. He will allow him to join the rush. I'm happy Gus is improving, but we should all be a little hesitant to throw him into the top 4. Again that would mean we are a playoff tweener probably, fighting to 7-8 spot in the east.
So, who did you trade to get Ryan?