Thread: Proposal: Edmonton-Buffalo
View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 10:40 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
I feel like the Oilers are never getting out of the basement until they learn to stop overvaluing players that have led them to the longest current playoff drought in the league.

Sorry guys, but it's true.
So Yakupov (who has played only 1 season) led the Oilers to 7 straight seasons of missing the playoffs? Alrighty then.

People need to understand a couple of things.
The Big 4 are not the problem on the Oilers and are NOT the reason why the Oilers have missed the playoffs the last several seasons so there's no use dealing any of them as of now and that brings me to my second point. There's no use dealing any of them unless a surefire PROVEN top line player (whether it be center or defenseman) is coming back. Tyler Myers is not that. He has a boatload of talent but he has yet to put it together, too risky.

Again, The Oilers need legit, PROVEN top pairing defensemen (preferrably a LHD). Not more prospects and not more talented reclamation projects.
They already have good defenseman prospects who will pushing for spots the next couple of seasons. They don't need more unproven, young defensemen to cloud that picture even more.
They need somebody who can play the top pairing now, shelter J. Schultz and knock the rest of the defensemen down to where they belong (Smid and Petry to the 2nd pairing and the rest to the bottom pairing or pressbox).

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote