View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
It's not ideal, but if that could get us Ryan and Sbisa without dropping Laughton or Couturier, it might be worth a look.
I would be willing to include our first from this year is the Flyers are hell bent on getting Ryan. Anaheim is looking for futures though, they need a second line center and top 4 dman. Some Anaheim fans will try and say they don't need a 2nd line center, but there is a reason they were rumored around the deadline looking at Roy and Macdonald. They have youth, but I don't think their GM is going to roll the dice and hope they step up and take the role.

My deals for Ryan would be

1st+Cousins+3rd rounder(2014)
Couts+2nd rounder.

I don't even really like those deals. Ryan is a good player, but he isn't worth depleting our prospect system for or draft selections. The only way I am doing that is for a select few defenders, all of which don't seem to be on the market right now.

Also unless a great deal comes along, I don't believe the Flyers are moving that 2014 deal. One hold up in the Clowe deal was the Flyers were unwilling to move that pick because we hold the draft.

EDIT: Also when it comes to offseason trades for high end players, I try to follow the RIchards and Carter guidelines for deals. Richards got us a top 9 player(who seemed to stall in development, but potential was there), top prospect(Schenn, still highly regarded) and a 2nd rounder. Carter got us Voracek(at the time he was very inconsistent on a bad team, talent was surely there though)+top 10 pick+3rd rounder. Now I uinderstand that players all have different values to different GM's but those deals are the types you see.

Last edited by Prongo: 05-20-2013 at 12:11 PM.