View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 10:49 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Yeah, right now I have to agree, none of them address our biggest issue of a 2 way top 4 guy that can kill penalties. I don't know if anyone of them can ever be that guy, maybe Blum, outside chance on Bartley.

Ellis and Blum both do have the age factor to consider, Bartley, however, is actually a year older than Franson. I believe in late bloomers but at one point is a spade a spade. I think Blum is pushing the late bloomer age, like Klein, Bartley might be past it.

You say we cannot keep a guy that is weak defensively but we kept Ellis and Blum, and Bartley isn't really good in his own end, he's just not awful. Even Gill is pretty weak when he has to skate to use the full ice, so anytime he's not on the pk.

I pay attention to defense as it's the position I play and have played for 25+ years. And beyond our top 3, I don't see any real answers on defense right now, and it would be the same if Franson was on our team. He's the offensive version of Gill, strictly a protected es minute guy that can play special teams. We could had used him on the 2nd pp unit, that's about it. I just wish we would have gotten a better return.

I understand the move, but right now, it doesn't look good. I hope it turns around.

Not every move Poile makes is good.