View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Kings4thecup

vCash: 500
I live up here in Nocal, and have been to many games at the Shark tank. The fans there have changed a couple times over the years. The first several season at the Cow Palace, the fans were still learning what offsides was. They would sit on their hands until the loud horn went off for a goal, cueing them to cheer, then they would cheer for 1 minute, then go back to sitting on their hands.

Then they started to learn the game, became a lot more invested but were still respectful. I would get a little ribbing for my Kings Jersey, but for the most part very nice people.

But in the last several years, it has changed for the worst. I've had several bad experiences there, and probably will never go back. It's just not worth dumping several hundred dollars and a 2 hour drive both ways to get abused. My last game at HP was game 2 of our series in the first round 2 years ago. Kings win 4-0 with Doughty going off, but I had several idiot fans cussing my wife and I out, and 1 even get as close to my face as possible and slur/scream as loud as he could obscenities while spitting all over me. Just plain rude. I don't have any problem with anyone rooting for there team, but I don't want to get in a fight with 15,000 idiots to go see a hockey game.

It's free to stay home and I get a better view of the game. It's a blast to go to live hockey, but it's not worth the aggravation to go to San Jose anymore. I have replaced that experience with going to an occasional Stockton Thunder game. A lot cheaper and closer for me, and a real fun experience. Hey, they're even playing for the Kelly Cup right now (but down 2-0 after the weekend).

Kings4thecup is offline   Reply With Quote