View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
kane is 5'8" or 5'9" not 5'11".
Yet every single legitimate site has him listed at 5'11. I know people that have met him on more than one occasion, and he is at least 5'10-11. What can I say, skill trumps size sometimes I never suggested otherwise.

Quote:
We had more big forwards than Detroit...Pacioretty Bourque Eller Galchenyuk Ryder Moen Prust White.
Bigger, not more physical. I think that's the point I was trying to make. Also Montreal's feistier forwards just aren't big minute players, they don't get a lot of ice time. White, Moen... used sparingly. Prust? Love him, but clearly was oversused as the only real physical threat on the ice, and his body paid for it.

Ryder isn't physical, not one bit.

Quote:
Pacioretty was the top scorer on the team 6'2" 219lbs...Subban the 2nd top scorer 6' and around 210lbs, Eller was #4 or 5 6'2" 209lbs, Galchenyuk Ryder and Bourque were all among the most productive offensive players.
All this is true, but they shouldn't be playing roles they aren't suited for. Let Pacioretty be a goal scorer and Subban patrol the blueline. Eller shouldn't take on a physical role, he isn't suited for it, its not his game and I don't want Galchenyuk playing this role either.

When you start asking your players to play a role they aren't suited for, you get in trouble. How can you dispute this?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote