View Single Post
Old
05-20-2013, 12:10 PM
leafspring*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Unfortunately our Leafs are directly responsible for building Bruins young future core that we're now chasing. They have a key future component in net, on defense and on forward all a result of previous Leaf GM impatience.

Lets hope that times have changed no more "draft schmaft" and Nonis decides to keep his picks and use drafting and developing internally to fuel his rebuild methodology to making the Leafs into a contender.

With Dallas Eakins doing an excellent job of providing future talent this is certainly now a more viable option available to the GM to use as building block approach.
I assume we won't discount Kessels emergence as the premier scoring right winger in the game that has now continued to develope into a ok defensive player also in token respect.

We have some value from them deals with the bruins and nobody ever liked the rask deal. I remember watching Rask playing in the world junior hockey championships and snickering that he was ours. JFJ will never live that one down. That said though,its spilled milk and Reimer is pretty darn good in his own right.

I agree we need to continue the revolving door that comes with developing and rewarding developement. The developed players are still coming and Nonis has no need to be haste for sure. There are attributes the team needs at present that are not available to us through the marlies at present and there lies the largest decisions.

All decisions should be long term in any respect is how Nonis will be successful.

This draft is one i would actually think about trading down in and not up.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote